Monday, August 10, 2009

Any Publishers Out There?...

As a 25-year old male (I am hesitant to ever refer to myself as a "man") with great taste in movies, it was only natural that I would see Julie & Julia on opening weekend.

Apparently in real life, this girl cooked like 500 Julia Child recipes in 365 days, made a blog about it, and it got turned into a movie and now a book. This girl, played by a short-haired, emo-dressing Amy Adams, wasn't very interesting, and her writing didn't seem to be particularly good.

That said, this website does not call itself a blog, though we might seem like that to the naked eye. See, we have an actual URL. You don't have to go to http://www.nyhockeyrivalry.blogspot.com to get to this site (although you can, and your destination will be here). Me and Bryan - uh, Bryan and I - are both talented writers. He loves writing about video games and floundering hockey teams, while anyone who knew me and high school and college can tell you I like writing about bank robberies, people who kill themselves at the end of a journey, and hockey teams on the playoff bubble. In real life, we're both smart and quirky. Okay, I don't know what quirky means, but I'm compassionate, and I often seek out blind men just to walk them across busy intersections. (True story: actually once helped an old man cross the street. A saint? No, but it was lovely.)

So, if any publishers are out there reading this, feel free to email me. Okay, so some of our material is time-sensitive, but we can work out a deal.

And if no one is interested in turning this website into a book then a movie (starring Jonah Hill as both Bryan and me in an career-making role), then I do write sports stories. I have a great one about a former Rookie of the Year who made nearly a million dollars last year. He gets arrested for beating up a cab driver over 20 cents. Far-fetched, I know.

1 comment: