Thursday, March 27, 2008

Better To Be Lucky Than Good

You know, I'm all for working hard and making your own luck and all that. But that third Rangers goal tonight has to be one of the luckiest deciding goals I've ever seen. Granted, that goal doesn't get scored if Nigel Dawes doesn't drive hard to the net. But still. I've only seen one more fortuitous bounce on a winning goal - the time Donald Brashear banked a shot off the face of Scott LaChance and into the net back in 1995, giving Montreal the win over the Islanders.

Speaking of luck, I can't wait for the Rangers to get the sixth seed... again... and face the Southleast winner... again. I swear, why can't these kind of things happen to my team?

1 comment:

  1. December of 2005, the Rangers and Blues played in St. Louis and it was a sloppy game all around, tied 4-4 in overtime. Marty Rucinsky took a shot that bounced off the glass behind the net, hit the goalie (Patrick Lalime if memory serves me correctly) in the back of the mask, and went in. 2 points, NYR.

    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=434&season=20052006&gameType=2

    ReplyDelete