Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sporcle...

Anyone ever heard of Sporcle? It's a site that gives you blank slates and tells you to name stuff. For instance, it gives you a blank table with years listed and you have to name Pixar movies. You type them in, they go next to the year, and when you give up, you click "Give Up" and it tells you the answers.

Since I'm a stats nerd, the best part for me is seeing what percentage were picked.

There are also some cool NHL-related games. Check out...

http://www.sporcle.com/games/caldertrophy.php

Try to name every single Calder Trophy winner in NHL history. Well, since that is VERY tough, try doing the right column, which starts with 1984-85/Pittsburgh Penguins and ends with 2008-09/Columbus Blue Jackets. See if you can beat my score - 7 wrong from '84-'09. Kind of embarrassing when you realize which ones you got wrong.

Also a good one: http://www.sporcle.com/games/nhlteamptleaders.php - career points leaders for each team. Very cool, but good luck guessing who leads Columbus in lifetime points.

Also try: http://www.sporcle.com/games/nhlarenas.php - the name of every team's arena. As long as I stared at the page, I would NOT have guessed where the Flames play.

And my personal favorite: http://www.sporcle.com/games/sportscities.php - Name the 13 cities in America that have teams in all 4 pro sports. Sorry Bryan, MLS doesn't count. (I got 11 of 13. One of them was my fault; the other I blame the game.)
Let me know how you do and which you get wrong.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the 13 American 4 sport cities - the one is really just not correct. I got 12 of 13 the first time I played it.

    I'm surprised you couldn't name the Calgary stadium, it's one of the first ones I got. I know I had issues there with the phone company and airline arenas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently "Bay Area" does count because of the Giants, 49ers, Golden State Warriors, and the Sharks play 20 minutes from San Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach,
    got 20 of 30 on the area name quiz.
    -dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sporcle has ruined my life, as it has taken up much of my time, and has made me very unproductive as of late! Very addicting!

    ReplyDelete