Thursday, November 20, 2008

Preparing For Tomorrow Night

I'm headed to The Rock tomorrow night for the Islanders-Devils game. Should be a good one. Both teams are playing well of late, both are relying on quality work from backup goalies... we've got two evenly-matched teams here. The Devils have the edge in terms of talent, but the Isles have beaten better teams. Who will take this one? We'll find out in 24 hours.

Anyway. If you're headed to the game, feel free to drop me a line at captconjunction@yahoo.com. Maybe we can meet up for some humongous $10 Coronas.

The point of this post? Pretty much just to gush over how nice the Prudential Center is. Both Zach and myself visited The Rock last year. When I texted Zach to ask for some pointers, his reply was a bit ominous: "Don't carry a wallet, don't talk to anybody, and make sure you're in a large group." Turns out we didn't have much to worry about. In fact, the biggest annoyance was some homeless guy who kept asking me for a dollar at the PATH Train Station. For some reason, this was a like ten-minute negotiation. Guess I had too much Olde English on the train ride out to Jersey.

But the walk over from the PATH Station was quite nice. As was just about everything else in there. Walking around The Rock, I felt the same way I felt walking through Citizens Bank Park, the Philadelphia Phillies' new stadium. This is what going to a game should be like. At The Rock, I was afraid to do pretty much anything, because it's just too nice in there. I didn't want to spill anything or mess anything up.

I'm looking forward to seeing this place once more tomorrow night. No word on who's starting for the Devils, but the smart money says Scott Clemmensen could get the nod again. Either way, it's a game worth checking out. You should check it out as well; as always, good seats are still available. If you've ever wanted to see what the Lighthouse might be like, come out to the Prudential Center and see a sneak preview. Of course, there'd be one big difference - Islander fans might actually come to the games if they were played in such a wonderful building.

No comments:

Post a Comment