Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quote Of The Night

Our Quote of the Night comes from who else but that master of the Interwebs himself, Stan Fischler...

"I liked the honesty of the coach. He said something about, 'Mind over matter, you can't use tired as an excuse.' Now, I was tired coming in here, and I was gonna use it as an excuse. Then I got a hot chocolate and I wasn't tired anymore. See, you can't use tired as an excuse."

Well, when you put it that way... it still doesn't make any sense.

Islanders win tonight. Devils lose big to Pittsburgh. Rangers play Florida tomorrow at 1. Looks like it'll go in the books as a successful Thanksgiving weekend in the New York hockey world.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to give an honorable mention to Howie Rose for his rather cryptic remark about seeing the third jerseys as the everyday jerseys "sooner rather than later". Could this be in the works? I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment