Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dwayne Roloson...

Let me start by saying I'm a Rangers fan. My Grandpa Allan was a season ticket holder in the 60s and 70s; my dad was a huge fan; one of my happiest moments ever was when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994; I cried when Mark Messier skated his last game in 2004 against the Sabres; I chanted "We Want the Cup" when the Rangers clinched the playoffs in 2008; and I've been to every Home Opener since 2006.

That said, those 2 saves by Dwayne Roloson tonight might go down as the best combination of saves this decade.

I can only think of a few better saves off the top of my head: Marty Turco in the playoffs a few years ago; Henrik Lundqvist on Marc Savard in Boston; and someone getting a piece with the shaft of his stick (can't remember - Craig Anderson?).

But two in succession like that? That's Patrick Roy-Mike Richter territory. That was unbelievable. Of course, if the 2nd one was counted a goal, we wouldn't even be talking about it right now, but as it stands, incredible hockey by Dwayne Roloson.


No comments:

Post a Comment