Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm Torn...

Quickly, before someone scores to make this post a moot point.

The reason I want Henrik Zetterberg to score in the third overtime...

Because I hate many of the Penguins. I hate young neck-breaking punk Brooks Orpik, young behind-hitting Jarrko Ruutu, and old, old run-taking Gary Roberts. I know Sidney Crosby is talented, but everytime I see his dirt-beard I wish Gilette would put him in a commercial with Tiger Woods so he would shave it. I can't stand Hal Gill or Adam Hall, although Hall isn't good enough to actually dislike. I don't like Marian Hossa because I don't like Marcel, and I don't want to see Georges Laraque drink from the Cup.

In fact, the only Penguins I like make a short list. I like the Ryans - Malone (because I want him in blue next year) and Whitney (because he went to BU). I also like Rob Scuderi because his mom taught in my high school and I saw her going to a Ranger/Penguin game in November. I like Petr Sykora, he's one of my favorite NHLers and someone the Rangers never should have let go (he waited for a call from them until August of 2006 before signing with Edmonton). I like Pascal Dupuis and Maxime Talbot also (nice guy, used to have a great 'stache). I also think Ty Conklin deserves the Cup that he didn't win as a back-up goaltender in 2006 with the Oilers.

The reason I want Sykora to score in the third overtime...

So the NHL can have a game seven.

(P.S. The only reason I would want the Penguins to win the Cup is so a second Staal brother gets his name on it, meaning Marc will have his on it in 2010.)

3 comments:

  1. I fell asleep during the intermission before the third overtime. If the Red Wings had won and I missed the Cup celebration, I might have cried. The whole thing worked out as well as it could have. They get another night of great ratings and praise from the sports media, and we get to watch another game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you fell asleep because I texted you "Gary Bettman has a boner" and you never replied.

    I'm a big home-ice-celebration fan, so I'm hoping Wings in 7 although I'll only get to watch it on TiVo.

    If you notice, I predicted Sykora with the goal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did notice that. Good job. My predicted goal scorers were Tyler Kennedy for Pittsburgh and Jiri Hudler for Detroit.

    ReplyDelete