Tuesday, July 1, 2008

On Second Thought...

Sorry for usurping Bryan's post...

The Rangers once again, like in the pre-lockout days, opted for the "big name" free agent. Instead of keeping Derek Armstrong, they had to have Valeri Kamensky. Instead of Mark Streit at $4.1M, they took Wade Redden at $6.5M. 

I've had time to think about it, and I declare this the worst day to be a Ranger fan since Brian Leetch was traded.

My girlfriend yelled at me for declaring myself an Islanders fan about 30 minutes ago.

1 comment:

  1. It makes perfect sense that the Rangers would spend like they did before the lockout - everybody else is. I'd say that about half of the contracts handed out today are at least $1 million more than they should be. Leave it to the owners to sacrifice a season to get the best economic model in sports, only to piss it all away in three years.

    ReplyDelete