Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Last Post...

This will be my last post for about a week on this blog. Tomorrow, I catch my pre-8 a.m. flight to Las Vegas.

Sorry to usurp Bryan's Gretzky DVD post (found below) but here is my wishlist for when I get back on Thursday:

- for Brett Favre to no longer be on the back page of the newspaper
- for hockey to become larger in popularity than basketball

Since neither of those will happen in the next 6 months, here is my back-up plan...

- for Mats Sundin to finally sign somewhere, so the hockey media can concentrate elsewhere
- for the Islanders to have signed a new coach, hopefully someone like Scott Gordon (as I write this, it's been reported that John Tortorella will no longer be considered)
- for Michael Phelps to be en route to 8 gold medals
- for the Rangers to have a definitive answer on Brendan Shanahan (I love Shanny, but I'm hoping the Rangers lean away from him this year)
- for the Rangers to clear up some roster space, maybe trading a middling player or two for a draft pick or a 7th defenseman (hey Dan Fritsche; how are you, Tomas Pock?)
- for enough season ticket holders to not renew their package at the Garden so I can move up (contrary to me telling everyone I wouldn't be renewing my package, I will be... just call me "Brett Kerry Edwards Sundin")
- for $5,000 extra cash in my pocket from playing craps and/or poker
- for Bryan to text me if anything huge, NHL-wise, goes down... unlikely!

No comments:

Post a Comment