Wednesday, September 3, 2008

2 Things That Make Me Smile, 1 That Makes Me Mad...

Things That Make Me Happy
 by Zach

1) The Islanders must not have gotten the Rangers email about me getting a 22-game package for next season because they mailed my house (how did they get my address?) and told me that if I pay for my Islander package by October 1, I get an autographed Kyle Okposo stick. While I appreciate the offer, and it amuses me that Okposo hit on my friend at the beach, I politely declined their offer by ripping it up and tossing it in the trash.

2) The Islanders web site advertises "DP at NHL store." If there wasn't a picture of goalie Rick DiPietro, I would have been under the impression that EJ Hradek and Don LaGreca were double-teaming some poor female Washington Capitals fan at the corner of 6th and 47th in Times Square.

Thing That Makes Me Mad
 by Zach

1) I don't like to get political on this blog, even though I searched high and low for a picture of Sarah Palin in a Dayton Bombers (Columbus's ECHL team) jersey because I thought it was cool. 

But something made me very mad today. Did you know that Elliot Spitzer, former Governor of NY, passed a law a year ago decreeing it illegal in Nassau County for strippers to go topless on stage? Now, they have to wear pasties.

For the record, that was 6 months before he got de-credited -- for having unprotected sex with a high-end whore on multiple occasions.

In hockey terms, it's like Rick DiPietro enacting a law banning the curve of the blade of a forward's stick, while wearing oversized pads himself.

Or in real terms, it's like me passing a law saying strippers must wear pasties on stage.

Some people are such scumbags it amazes me. What a two-faced bastard. I didn't think he was such a douchebag when he was caught cheating on his wife (and breaking his own laws), but now I see him as an ego-maniacal hypocrite who only cares about getting his own nut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment