Friday, September 26, 2008

NHL 09...

Much like Islander Blogger Bryan, I have been playing NHL 09 solidly everyday since I got it (about 10 days ago). I started on "Rookie," the lowest of the 4 modes, hoping to learn the game, then blow teams out so I can move on to harder modes and make it a good game.

However, I find scoring impossible in this game. Is anyone else having the same trouble? The only move I consistently do that scores is Brandon Dubinsky coming across the blue line, moving his stick all the way left, then firing a wrist shot to the top right corner of the net.

For every game that I score 5 goals, there is a shutout and a bunch of 1 and 2 goal games.

It's beginning to feel like the real Rangers. Or maybe everyone is playing the trap.

2 comments:

  1. The one-timer is the one way I can score with any consistency. But so often, the defense gets in the way of the pass across the crease. Last year, that was the closest thing to a money play as there was. This year, no such luck. One-timers and deflections are the only things that come close to being consistent threats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My season is going the same way. I play one game where I win 4-1 or 5-1 and then I have a bunch of 2-1 or 1-0 games. It gets frustrating but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete