Friday, December 5, 2008

3 on 3 NHL Arcade

For those of you who are sick of NHL 09 already - and we really don't know how that's possible - consider yourselves relieved. EA announced today that it's working on a game called 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, to be released sometime in February. In essence, it's an NBA Jam-esque game in the vein of Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey, NHL Hitz, and NHL Open Ice. Three-on-three hockey with no rules to speak of. Sounds like fun!

Speaking of EA and NHL 09, just wanted to share this in case anybody hadn't heard. If you've played through a full Be A Pro season (or, if you're like me, simmed to the end of one), you might have seen a goalkeeper named Sabrina Ladha taking home some serious hardware. You also might have wondered exactly who the hell Sabrina Ladha is. Well, apparently, she's a sick young girl who's a member of the Make A Wish Foundation whose wish was to be a goalie in NHL 09. Judging by her 98 overall rating, I'd say that wish was a pretty good one. And after doing some more digging around, it turns out that EA has done this for a number of years now. I'd forgotten all about Zachary Priest from NHL 06 until tonight, when I discovered that he was the Make A Wish kid from that year's game. Say what you want about EA and their quest for global domination, but this is a pretty cool thing they're doing. I'll give them props for this one.

2 comments:

  1. She's incredible in that game! She's also a free agent at the start of a regular season. I traded for her in Season 3 for me but she had a bad game so I traded her for picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Zachary Priest as my first line centerman on Toronto in NHL06.

    ReplyDelete