Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Just a Thought...

This is just what I've been thinking for the past 24 hours. It's not something I read on a fake-rumor site or something I heard elsewhere, just me coming to a conclusion myself that I think would be interesting.

This week, Derrick Brassard, a rookie on Columbus who was having a great season, got injured in a fight and is out for the entire season. Now, I did hear that Columbus is going to be looking for a forward to replace him, because they think this might be the year that they actually make the playoffs.

My belief is that this forward might be a Ranger. Rangers GM Glen Sather doesn't vary his trading partners around a lot. Remember last season's trade deadline, when he made two moves? He traded with former Assistant GM Don Maloney, and former announcer John Davidson.

This year, he already traded with Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson. Maybe Sather has already put a call in to Howson letting him know which extra forwards are available.

The oft-scratched but entirely capable Petr Prucha would thrive in the midwest on a team that doesn't have a ton of veteran forwards to steal his ice time. Maybe Coach Ken Hitchcock would trust him enough to put him on the power play.

Or maybe it would be Dan Fritsche, a native Ohioan (first time I've ever used that word!), and former Blue Jacket himself who would love to get back in the lineup.

Just guessing here, but it would definitely make sense for Columbus to send a draft pick or two to New York to bolster their offense after the holiday roster freeze ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment