Friday, April 24, 2009

Saw That Coming...

People were getting mad at me for telling them the Rangers would be crushed today, and lo and behold, they were. I hope I'm right in saying that they would also win at MSG on Sunday. And I'm glad that if Henrik Lundqvist was going to have a night off, this was it, in a game the Rangers could afford to lose so long as they remember to show up for Game 6.

What I didn't see coming was 30 year old players not playing the body. When Alex Ovechkin blew by Dan Girardi and Marc Staal to score, I understood it. They are young, they might not know how to play defense. But Chris Drury is 32, Derek Morris is 30. Do they not know to play the puck, do not play the player!

I expect it when Michael Rozsival or Wade Redden make that mistake; they're awful at their jobs. But Morris and Drury? C'mon!

1 comment:

  1. On the SNY highlight show, they insinuated that John Tortorella might have cost the Rangers the game by scratching Sean Avery. Um, NO. Avery isn't responsible for a five-goal swing by himself. Besides, he needed to sit this one out. But like you said, if there was ever a night to lay an egg, this was it.

    ReplyDelete