Friday, June 26, 2009

Dear God

Dear God,

I don't ask for much. Come to think of it, I never ask for anything. This time, though, it's different.

As you probably know, every sports team I root for is absolutely terrible. These days, I openly question why I even bother watching sports. It seems like my teams only serve to let me down. The problem is, sports mean way too much to me. My teams are part of my identity, which hasn't been a great thing lately.

Of all the teams I root for, my favorite is the New York Islanders. This is a franchise that, as you are well aware, has been horrendous since I was in middle school. Everything they do is wrong, and every improvement they try to make just results in them looking stupid. Well, tomorrow night, they have the first overall pick in the NHL Draft, and this is a great chance to change their luck.

God, if you're there, please bring John Tavares to the Islanders. He's not only a good player and a great kid, but he could be the difference between us losing our team and maybe watching the Islanders win a Stanley Cup one day. We've been through enough bad times with this team. We deserve the chance to see something go right.

I know you're busy. This might be too much to ask. But I had to try. I only ask that if you can't bring John Tavares to the Islanders, please make sure that my team will be taken care of. The Islanders are one of the most important things in my life, and I don't want to see them taken away from me. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment