Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not Much to Say Tonight...

RANGERS POST by ZACH

Not too much to say about the loss yet, as I haven't re-watched the end of the game. I was at work bartending when it happened, and I happened to be punching an order into the computer when I heard everyone groan, and the TV was muted, so I didn't have the full effect.

Regardless, I expect Jagr back next year, on a one-year $4-4.5M deal, but I don't expect Shanahan back. Marty Straka I would consider 40/60, if Jagr re-signs then maybe, but without Jagr, no Straka.

I'll have a big post on what the team will look like next season in a few days, after everything sinks in.

* * *

Now, I know, I know - don't blame the refs for the loss. But does anyone remember in Game 3 of the Devils series when Michael Rozsival was called for a high-stick when the stick a) stayed on the ice and b) didn't touch anyone, the night after Lou Lamoriello complained wildly to officials?

Who complained about Game 4 of this series that they tilted the ice so far in the Penguins favor?

With the game at 0-0 in the 2nd period, Chris Drury is high-sticked by Ryan Malone and gets cut. It wasn't questionable. It wasn't like "Well, maybe the stick hit him and he drew some blood himself to get the double minor instead of just a 2 minute penalty." He was sliced on his cheek, he was gushing, his jersey was red, they stopped the game for 5 minutes to clean the blood.

No double minor. No minor. 5-on-5 hockey. Very skeptical.

5-on-5 until Jaromir Jagr's "trip" in the offensive zone led to him getting a 2-minute penalty.

Congratulations, Mr. Bettman. You got your wish. The Penguins have advanced. 

I hope the Flyers sweep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment