Monday, May 19, 2008

Off-Topic...

Yes, this is off-topic. I understand. But I had to share this news with the world.

They are making a sequel to Point Break, which I consider the 4th best movie of all-time. For the uninitiated, Keanu Reeves (in a star-making performance) and Gary Busey (before he jumped the shark) are FBI agents chasing Patrick Swayze (in the coolest performance ever) and his gang of bank-robbing surfers. Anthony Kiedis and John C. McGinley (in a pre-cursor to his Scrubs role) also have bit parts.

I am extremely undecided on this. First off, it will be 18 years later. Second off, Bodhi (Swayze) died at the end. Well, it was an open ending, but he went off into a 50-foot wave, got swallowed, and Johnny Utah (Reeves) said "He's not coming back."

So, will Utah even return? Will he have to infiltrate another gang and bang a Lori Petty lookalike?

I'm afraid this movie will not enhance the original like Young Guns II did to Young Guns. I think it might bring it down, like Caddyshack II or D3: The Mighty Ducks. Why did they have to kill Hans off?

Sidenote: What kind of title is "D2" or "D3"? Talk about taking the easy way out. The Basic Instinct sequel wasn't called I2: Basic Instinct and it wasn't G33 and a Third: The Naked Gun. Just something that I've pondered for a few years.

1 comment:

  1. They killed Hans off in D3 because the Eden Hall Ducks needed to remember, each time they touched the ice, who taught them to fly. They never would have beaten the Varsity squad otherwise.

    ReplyDelete