Sunday, April 20, 2008

Selfishness...

RANGERS POST by ZACH

I am rooting hard for Philadelphia and Boston to win their games so they can move on to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. 

Personally, I want the Rangers to play Philadelphia. One reason is because they are a weaker team than their Pennsylvania counterparts.

But let's be honest. I'm not one to lie to people who read this blog. The real reason I want those two foes to meet is so I can go to a game in Philly (maybe two) and eat cheesesteaks. 

Last season, I started going to see the Rangers in other cities (Islander games don't count). I'll probably blog about that at one point. Regardless, I went to a game in Boston last year, and this year I hit 3 other cities, one of them being Philly. The Wachovia Center, in terms of buildings, was the worst of the 3 this year (not to say it wasn't nice, but just the less of the three).

Then, there were the cheesesteaks.

People always tell me, "How good could it be? It's only Philadelphia. It's only meat, cheese, and bread." And onions, pal. But it's like getting a bagel in New York. It's the best you'll ever have. Ever get a sesame seed with cream cheese in St. Louis? It's awful. Ever have pizza in Arizona? It's like toast with tomatoes on it.

I've only been to two of the places (not including the chicken cheesesteak I had at a bar one night) and I have so many more to try.

Plus, I want to go to a Ranger playoff game. I've never been (been to 2 Islander ones, though). The tickets at MSG are way to expensive. Since they all sell out very quickly, you get taken for a ride on eBay, Craigslist, StubHub, etc. It's easier to get them in other cities. And Pittsburgh is about a 6 hour drive. Montreal is a great city, but only once a year, please. 

I wanted to go to both Atlanta playoff games last year, and tickets were available on Ticketmaster.com the day of Games 1 & 2. However, I owned a business at the time and couldn't get away. 

So this year, if the Blueshirts play the Orange (not Syracuse), I do plan on going. As long as I'm there, I might as well go to both games, which would be 3 & 4. Hey, it's only 150 minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment