Thursday, April 17, 2008

What I Learned Tonight...

What I Learned During the Game 4 of the Rangers/Devils Series
 by Zach S., 24, New York

I learned that it is indeed against NHL rules (now, anyway) to face a goaltender and wave your arms like you are a primate.

I learned that it is legal to slash the goaltender's stick out of his hands if you play in New Jersey.

I learned that you are allowed to tackle a player, cross check him three times, and interfere with his ability to get the puck, as long as the victim of said crime is Sean Avery.

I learned that MART-EEEE Brodeur is going to try his hand in Hollywood when this hockey thing runs its course. His acting lessons are paying off dutifully, although he could have sold the first dive tonight better so he didn't get a penalty. (Well, there's always Game 5).

This is all complementary to what I learned in Game 3: If you are a Ranger skating with his stick on the ice, you might be whistled for a high-sticking penalty if the referees want the Devils to win.

I also learned that Dan Girardi is The Man.

* * * 

A link for you: Great, great one-page story on John Amirante, aka the man with the booming voice who sings at a lot of Ranger games every year. Worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment